Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Russians are coming

things are changing by the minute here and it's crazy. I never thought I would be in a situation like this in my life. as most of you people would know Russia has invaded Ukraine. so fart there has not been any deaths but I really have not been following it for the past two days because I have been busy. there has been no word from the US embassy but I am worried in what will be the out come of this.

Obama gave a speech to Russia a couple nights ago warning that if they invaded Ukraine there would be consequences but so far America has done nothing about this. I knew we wouldn't do anything though. it's just the way the president is, kind of cruddy when it comes to foreign affairs. this makes me frustrated though, more then it has in the past. this already fragile country is starting to crumble under the ground it's standing on, starting with it's Hryvnia witch has already started to sink even farther down.

when I saw stuff like what is happening here or in other countries on TV back in the states I cared about it but I didn't, if you know what I mean. it's hard to explain, like it didn't really apply to me so it's not like I followed it religiously. However, now that I have been here and have lived though a lot I have a knew desire about international affairs because even though sometimes our country feels like it is the only one that matters all countries are connected and I truly believe that everyone should have a right for the pursuit of happiness.

I am hopeful, I am hopeful for Ukraine's future but on thing is for sure, it's not going to get better in a blink of an eye but if enough people care and try to make things better, it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment