Thursday, March 6, 2014

three emails and one angry email.


Over the last three days I have gotten three emails from people that I have never met from BYU-I. They all expressed concern for me over in Kiev. One of them even was asking my boss to send me and all the other teachers home as soon as possible. When I saw that I got really frustrated. They had NO right sending that email. They are NOT my parents. They should NOT tell me what to do, especially when I don't even know them. They do NOT know the whole story in what is happening here. To let out some of my steam I wrote an angry email to one of the people. The email asked what my honest opinion of the situation here in Ukraine and I just merely responded and I quote,

"my honest opinion of the situation is to stay the heck out of my business. If you would read the news you would know that the real danger is 12 hours away by car. You should have sent this email about a week ago when people where actually dying on the street in my town by the snipers on the roofs.

have a great day :)

Darla Holland"

Of course I never sent this but it felt awfully good to get it out there. no matter who read it. But for everyone that is worried about me, I AM SAFE. I am safer then I have been in a couple weeks to tell you the truth. Things are looking up for Kiev and the country as a whole. There have been some major changes that have happened and they are looking good. Even though things are tough now I have faith that they will get better. I know they will, it just might take a little more time. 

There really isn't much news other then that. Russia looks like they are backing down, maybe? we hope. But then again it’s Russia... and I have learned they don’t do things that normal countries do. I have had the same dream for the past three nights about us getting evacuated out of the country. It’s always messy and we always take a different way of transpiration, first plane, train, the bus. We somehow end up in Poland every time. Dreams are funny that way I guess. it's probably just my over active imagination running at high speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment