Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ballet and bazaars


Over the course of the last couple days I have been on quite a few adventures. On Wednesday a teacher in our group had a birthday. We all went to her host family's house played games and had dinner. Because of the protesting that is still going on, me and Marilee spent the night and left the next morning to go teach.  I am starting to become really good friends with the other teachers here.

                We went on a small adventure on Saturday and when I say small I mean huge. I left at 11 and didn’t get back home till 11 and night. We went to this bazaar kind of place on the out skirts of town and also went to a metro stop on an island in the middle of the river called hydropark. Because this is more of a summer place to hang out and swim, our group was pretty much the only people there, except this naked man that jumped into the frozen river. That was interesting.

                On Sunday I got a chance to see the ballet swan lake at the opera house. It was absolutely amazing. The dancers dance with such precision and the music was perfect. This is something I want to do again. The building itself took me back and I couldn’t stop thinking about the whole time I was there. I dreamt of doing stuff like this and now I can’t believe that I am living my dream.   It truly shows that you should reach for the stars because you can really accomplish anything you have your heart set too.

                I am getting better and following maps. (Mom would be proud) and I am glad to say that I have not been lost since my first week here. I have gotten to the point there sometimes if I have free time I ride the bus or tram one extra stop to see where it goes or get off at the right stop but go another direction. I have found some really cool things doing this but most of the time I don't find much. I just really like walking around and seeing new things. I do a lot of this stuff on my own but I don't mind it. sometimes Marilee comes with me or even Camden but I am fine on my own as well.

most of the group at Hydropark. it was a ghost town and freezing cold!

the end of the red line!

No comments:

Post a Comment