Monday, February 24, 2014

off house arrest!!!


After a long 5 days of house arrest I am glad to say it has been lifted and we are going to teach again today. Hopefully things will go back to normal soon but my head teacher has reason to believe we could be placed back under house arrest... that will be a day.

There were times when I thought I was going to go home. I guess that is still a possibility that we could still leave but it got to the point where I was making back up plans. I was talking to my friends in England and my friends in France also putting in job applications in Italy. If I had to leave the country I was going to try my hardest to stay in Europe for as long as possible.

On Friday the house arrest was kind of lifted. it was more like temporarily lifted. I was allowed to go with my host family to the park as long as I was back before dark. I then was able to go across town by car to another coordinators house witch we had dinner out altogether. it felt great to be out again and be with friends face to face! Sadly the house arrest was put back on when we got back to her place so me and Marilee where stuck on the other side of town with no way back for the night and another day. so needless to say we spent the whole weekend over there. It was fun but I was glad when I was able to go back to my host family. 

The president is out of office! There are photos of his house that is going around online. It just makes me sick to see all the money he stole from his people to make himself and his family rich. He had no right being president and I am happy to say that he is gone. Ukraine has the right for the pursuit of happiness and the freedom we enjoy. I hope that someday soon they will have all of this.  

Out of this whole weekend I learned patients, and how to deal with problems calmly. I also learned to rely on the Lord and understand what ever happened, it was all part of his plan and I should comply with it instead of being my stubborn self.

            Things have gotten better; however things are not completely well. There are still protests going on in the center. Not many people can say that they were in a middle of a revolution in a foreign country for their internship. This is one of a kind and I will never forget this moment in my life. It has changed my outlook on a lot of things. I have already learned so much. I would never change this experience for anything.

 Till next time,

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment