Monday, February 24, 2014

peace corps


Even though they are changing the government, parliament, and at some point even the president,  you would think this would solve a lot of the problems that needed to be fixed. You would be surprised to find out that even though the protesters are getting almost everything they want everything is not ok, it's still not safe here. Because of these resent changes it has put friends against friends, kin against kin, and east against west. I just got an email from the US embassy saying that all Peace Corps people have been sent out of the country. I have a gut feeling that we will be soon to leave as well. I really don't want to leave. I have made great friends and memories but if this is what I need to do I will.

Because I could go outside yesterday (freedom! YES) I went by myself to some underground markets and got some hats for a great price of only about $10. I plan on doing so more shopping soon but I'm just enjoying not being under house arrest. I plan on going out early today as well and just walking around even though the weather is kind of dismal and cold.

Being here has given a new meaning to, live life to the fullest because you don't know how long you have. I feel like this in Kiev, live, try new things, don't regret because you don't know when we'll have to go.

Next update will be soon

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment